LoMaNa has a number of creators, all of whom make a variety of products. Nearly all are able and willing to create a commissioned project, but since we are all homeschoolers – a full-time job in and of itself – we usually can’t do emergency, last-minute commissions. Please use the Contact form to send us details about your project, and the artist will get back in touch with you directly.
We gladly accept yarn commissions and will spin a fiber that you request into yarn or will take fiber you provide and spin it! (Note that we cannot accept rabbit fur due to allergies).
Though each project is unique and different, here are some basic pricing guidelines:
- $4/oz if you provide the fiber
- $6/oz for plant-based fiber
- $8/oz for animal-based fiber or blends
- add $2/oz if you want me to naturally dye it
- add $0.50/oz if you need fibers blended/carded
Thin yarns (sock, fingering, sport, DK, worsted):
- $0.10/yard if you provide the fiber
- $0.15/yard for plant-based fiber
- $0.20/yard for animal-based fiber or blends
- add $0.05/yard if you want me to naturally dye it
- add $0.01/yard if you need fibers blended/carded
Make any requests you like, and we will do everything we can to achieve the final product that you need. Expect about 2 weeks processing time for every 4 oz of fiber. (That can vary greatly depending on my schedule and whether or not I need to purchase fiber for your project). And I am happy to provide short samples if you are looking for a particular type of yarn.