We are currently accepting applications for creators who are part of a homeschooling family and living within 150 miles of Nashville. If you have ever created a handmade, natural item – even if it’s only one item – we want you to apply!
- Fill out the Interest Form below, or if you’re ready to dive in, fill out the Creator Application (for homeschooling families)
- Once reviewed and approved, you will be given a link to the Creator Agreement
- At any point in the process, Justin is happy to meet with you or talk with you to answer any questions you have and to hear your story!
The pricing split for consigning your items with LoMaNa is 60:40, so please price your products accordingly. You will be paid 60% of the price you originally give me. The 40% that I receive is split as follows: 9.25% is the Tennessee state sales tax; 20% generally covers booth fees; and the last 10.75% covers transaction fees, listing fees, advertising, and other administrative costs. In rare instances, if your product is of high value, if the event has lower booth fees, or if sales are beyond expectations for a particular event, then you may receive more than 60%.
Pricing products for consignment (or retail, for that matter) can be difficult at best. Here’s a great article on one way that you can price your products – https://blog.etsy.com/en/2012/a-simple-formula-for-pricing-your-work/. Selling based on your time and materials is ideal, but you should also consider the market value of your product – do your research before setting your price. We’re also here to help if you have any questions!
- We welcome all creators who are immediate members of a homeschooling family or a family in which one parent stays at home full-time with a child or children. Children also are welcome and encouraged to be creators! Others who are interested may apply to to be a creator as well and will be accepted if space allows.
- Creators must live within 150 miles of downtown Nashville.
- Each creator must fill out a creator application, and each product must either be submitted via the product application or reviewed in person by Justin.
- Products should be natural if at all possible (though not necessarily 100% natural) – products can be made of natural materials (wood, paper, glass, wool, cotton, clay, stone, beeswax, flax/linen, etc), dyed with natural dye, or promote nature in some key aspect. Products made from recycled, reclaimed, or repurposed materials are also accepted.
- All products sold are subject to approval by both Justin and any event organizers.
Other Important Information
- We sell at a variety of places around town – local farmer’s markets, festivals, events, etc – most of which are outdoors often under a shelter or tent. When not at an event, your products will be indoors at my home property, which is in downtown Nashville.
- If your product has specific storage, transport or packing needs, please let me know in person or send me an email with any questions or concerns.
- Feel free to stop by any of our upcoming events/locations to say ‘hi’ – I want to meet you and hear your story!
- You are free to brand your product as you like but are not required to do so. Every product sold will have a LoMaNa tag with the following information – product name, brief description, creator’s name, creator’s location (city, state), and price.
- If you have marketing materials, you are welcome to submit them to LoMaNa – business cards that can be displayed along with the products and links to social media sites will both be accepted (though used at the discretion of LoMaNa).
- If you’d like to provide a company or personal bio – we will gladly feature a page for you and your products on our website.
- Depending on inventory, the season, and the type of event, it’s possible that your product(s) will not be on display for certain events.
- Space is limited and changes depending on the venue, so large items may not be as easy to sell, and items that sell well will be given priority space.
- If your item sells, you will receive your percentage of the sale at the beginning of the month for the previous month of sales.
- If your item does not sell within a year, it will be returned to you, unless approved for another year. If you stop homeschooling, your items will also be returned to you. At any point, you may ask for your items back, and they will be given to you. At no point are they “owned” by me.
It is LoMaNa’s ultimate goal to offer those who otherwise would not have it, an opportunity to sell their unique handmade items at physical markets in and around Nashville. If you have any comments, concerns, feedback, suggestions or questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.